Evaluation of progress: APEC’s growth is high quality and inclusive, bringing palpable benefits and greater health and wellbeing to MSMEs, women and others with untapped economic potential.
Individual Actions: Economies will adopt and strengthen regulatory approaches, sound public sector governance, and take other measures that support economic inclusion, greater health, wellbeing and resilience for all.
Collective Actions: Economies will:
- Build on APEC’s Agenda on Advancing Economic, Financial and Social Inclusion to enhance economic inclusion for all, including by:
- Advancing inclusive policies, including under the economic drivers of trade and investment, and innovation and digitalisation, to promote sustainable economic growth opportunities and improve quality of life for all members of society;
- Advancing gender equality and the economic empowerment of women, particularly through accelerating the full implementation of the actions in the La Serena Roadmap for Women and Inclusive Growth and building on them;
- Promoting start-ups and advancing MSMEs’ access to finance, global markets, and global value chains as well as assisting in building their capacity to effectively participate in the wider economy;
- Building on APEC’s work on supporting MSME’s and women’s economic empowerment, and cooperate to further develop APEC’s work on other groups with untapped economic potential, such as indigenous peoples as appropriate, people with disabilities, and those from remote and rural communities;
- Promoting economic and technical cooperation to enhance capacity building and inclusive economic participation; and
- Sharing experiences and best practice to promote inclusiveness and quality of life, including through: promoting structural reform to remove barriers to economic participation; encouraging the transition of economic actors from the informal to the formal economy; and data analysis.
- Enable quality and equitable health access and outcomes for all with a view to achieving universal health coverage, including by strengthening health systems, by cooperating on:
- preventing, detecting, responding to, and recovering from, pandemics;
- accelerating equitable access to safe, effective, quality-assured, and affordable vaccines for all;
- supporting the safe, secure and efficient operation of resilient health related supply chains; and
- the use of digital technologies that foster health system innovation, such as telemedicine and digital health;
- Ensure lasting food security, food safety and improved nutrition for all, as well as reducing food waste and loss in the region by promoting agricultural and food trade, agricultural sustainability and innovation, and implementing the Food Security Roadmap Towards 2030; and
- Enhance cooperation to foster secure growth, including by implementing the APEC Beijing Declaration on Fighting Corruption, Santiago Commitment to Fight Corruption and Ensure Transparency, and the APEC Consolidated Counter-Terrorism and Secure Trade Strategy.